Similar Jobs Intern - Software Engineer - Summer 2018
Morrisville, NC, United StatesNew Graduate Software Development Engineer
Morrisville, NC, United StatesSr. Software Engineer
Morrisville, NC, United StatesSoftware Engineer (Full Stack)
Morrisville, NC, United StatesSenior Software Engineer
Morrisville, NC, United States
Sensus, a Xylem brand, is a leading clean technology solutions company shaping the future of smart grid, smart water and smart cities. Today we create the smart meters, communication systems, software and services that help electric, gas, and water industries drive operational efficiency and customer engagement. And we’re designing with tomorrow in mind. Our applications range from advanced meter reading, data acquisition, demand response, distribution automation, home area networking and outdoor lighting control to big data solutions and cloud-based management. Customers worldwide trust the innovation, quality and reliability of Sensus solutions for the intelligent use and conservation of energy and water and to create the sustainable cities of tomorrow.
Can you envision yourself in a start-up-like environment growing its smart infrastructure solutions portfolio? Wouldn’t it be cool to work with the largest Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) bases in the world, having real-time impact today and creating possibilities for tomorrow? Sensus is more than 3500 strong on five continents. Read below on how this critical role will impact our business objectives while helping the world!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an Operations Field Technician will work as part of Sensus Operations in conjunction with the Quality & Analytics group to support various field activities including testing field units, managing a small workforce to firmware upgrade field units, conducting failure analysis research and reporting data back to the business.
The ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual responsible for individual responsible for managing activities in the field related to meter research and field reprogramming. Strong attention to detail is critical and the ability to follow established procedures and manage large-scale engagements at customer locations. Must be able to manage a small workforce for larger scale engagements and ensure projects are completed on time with good quality.
- Travel is required as part of this position estimated 50-80% travel
- Test, diagnose, and evaluate products using engineering analysis techniques and tools.
- Must be able to communicate issues effectively in both oral and written terms when testing, diagnosing, evaluating and upgrading meters/processes internally with co-workers.
- Hands on hardware testing and troubleshooting in a field environment.
- Ability to use general Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint ...)
- Ability to manage projects and control processes to ensure successful project completion.
- Ability to manage a small workforce and organize processes to focus on efficiency and quality of customer engagement works.
- High School diploma plus applicable Technical Training/Qualification and related experience
- Extremely dependable and productivity minded; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent skills with basic Windows application support
- Proficiency with Windows OS / Windows Tablets required
- Basic skills with scripting (.bat files, Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of MSSQL, T-SQL
- Flexibility and willingness to work across multiple engineering disciplines as needed (e.g. electrical/ mechanical / manufacturing...).
- Highly organized and assertive; capable of managing multiple competing priorities.
- Work effectively with diverse team members in a collaborative team environment.